About the books
Fantastically Great Women Who Changed the World
A wildly wonderful and accessible book about women who really changed the world. Discover fascinating facts about some of the most amazing women who changed the world we live in!
· Fly high with incredible explorer and pilot Amelia Earhart
· Discover the Wonderful Adventures of medical pioneer Mary Seacole
· Fight for your rights with legendary civil rights activist Rosa Parks
· Change the face of books forever with superstar novelist Jane Austen
Bursting full of beautiful illustrations and astounding facts, Fantastically Great Women Who Changed the World is the perfect introduction to just a few of the most incredible women who helped shaped the world we live in.
List of women featured: Jane Austen, Gertrude Ederle, Coco Chanel, Frida Kahlo, Marie Curie, Mary Anning, Mary Seacole, Amelia Earhart, Agent Fifi, Sacagawea, Emmeline Pankhurst, Rosa Parks, Anne Frank
Fantastically Great Women who worked wonders
What do you want to be when you grow up? It's a BIG question that everyone is asked from an early age. Discover eye-opening facts about a collection of go-getting women who have pioneered careers in a kaleidoscope of different industries.Climb to the top of Everest with fearless mountaineer Junko Tabei
- Calculate mind-fizzing formulas with mathematician Katherine Johnson
- Make brilliant scientific discoveries with Rosalind Franklin
- Travel high up in the sky in a hot-air balloon with Sophie Blanchard
Jam-packed with brilliant illustrations and amazing facts, Fantastically Great Women Who Worked Wonders provides a fantastic introduction to just a few of the most incredible women who helped shaped the world we live in.
List of women featured: Junko Tabei, Sophie Blanchard, Maria Merian, Elizabeth Magie, the London Matchgirls, Rosa May Billinghurst, Katherine Johnson, Annette Kellerman, Katia Krafft, Rosalind Franklin, James Barry, Madam C.J. Walker, Lotte Reiniger
Fantastically Great Women True Stories of Ambition, Adventure and Bravery
The complete collection of Kate Pankhurst's bestselling Fantastically Great Women series brought together in stunning hardback with gold foil and a cover that folds out into a fantastically great poster. Including the stories of 56 women from throughout history and around the world with new and original content for this special edition!
No DREAM is too BIG if you just believe in yourself. And these strong, ambitious and FANTASTICALLY GREAT women prove it. They've conquered the tallest mountains, made game-changing discoveries, stood up for women's rights and protected our beautiful, fragile planet.
Discover the inspirational lives of just some of the extraordinary women who have transformed people's expectations of what women can do in this stunning gift collection. Featuring illustrated timelines and all the women from Kate Pankhurst's adored picture books, from Frida Kahlo to Jane Goodall, and some new faces too.
Fantastically Great Woman: Artists and Their Stories
Over half of all the visual artists working today are women, but the paintings and sculptures shown in many galleries and museums tell a different story because they're usually the work of men.
In this second book for older readers Kate Pankhurst, tells the fascinating stories of some of history's most talented female artists.
· Express your feelings and find your identity through art with Frida Kahlo
· Run away to the circus and paint with Laura Knight
· Help bring talented artists into the spotlight with Peggy Guggenheim
· Challenge racism and segregation by creating powerful art with Faith Ringgold
Including comic strips, family trees, maps and more, Fantastically Great Women Artists and Their Stories is a celebration of just some of the women whose creativity and dreams have made a mark on the world.
List of women featured: Amrita Sher-Gil, Elisabeth Le Brun, Emily Kame Kngwarreye, Faith Ringgold, Frida Kahlo, Kathe Kollwitz, Dame Laura Knight and Peggy Guggenheim.
Fantastically Great Women Who Made History
Learn all about the accomplishments and adventures of many more brilliant women from throughout history with Kate Pankhurst and Fantastically Great Woman Who Made History.
· Travel through the Underground Railroad with the brave and courageous Harriet Tubman
· Turn the pages of the hauntingly brilliant Frankenstein with the incredibly talented Mary Shelley
· Blast into space with astronaut Valentina Tereshkova
· Become a mighty Egyptian pharaoh with the powerful Hatshepsut
Overflowing with vibrant and beautiful illustrations, and wonderfully engaging text, Fantastically Great Women Who Made History is a celebration of just some of the inspirational women who put their mark on the world we live in.
List of women featured: Elizabeth Blackwell, Qiu Jin, Boudicca, Flora Drummond, Pocahontas, Noor Inayat Khan, Harriet Tubman, Valentina Tereshkova, Ada Lovelace, Sayyida al-Hurra, Hatshepsut, Josephine Baker, Mary Wollstonecraft, Mary Shelley
Fantastically Great Women Who Saved the Planet
Discover the untold stories of women who have helped protect our natural world, all the way through history.
- Tackle the plastic problem by recycling waste into beautiful objects with Isatou Ceesay
- Marvel at the intelligence of chimpanzees with Jane Goodall
- Learn why it's important to shop fair trade and cruelty-free with Anita Roddick
- Resist devastating deforestation and plant seeds of change with Wangari Maathai
Bursting full of colourful illustrations and fascinating facts, Fantastically Great Women Who Saved the Planet is an inspiring introduction to just a few of the incredible women who show that all actions, big and small, can be powerful in the fight against climate breakdown.
List of women featured: Eugenie Clark, Wangari Maathai, Ingeborg Beling, Anita Roddick, Edith Farkas, Jane Goodall, Isatou Ceesay, Florence Augusta Merriam Bailey, Maria Telkes, The Chipko Movement, Eileen Kampakuta Brown, Eileen Wani Wingfield, Ursula Marvin, Daphne Sheldrick.
Fantastically Great Woman: Scientists and Their Stories
Women have been responsible for many of the world's most groundbreaking scientific discoveries. These are the stories of incredible female scientists whose hard work and persistence changed our understanding of science, and transformed people's ideas of what women can do.
- Reach for the stars with the first African-American woman to go into space Mae Jemison
- Explore volcanoes with the fearless Katia Krafft
- Invent a treatment for malaria with the determined Tu YouYou
- Make scientific discoveries that will change the world with Marie Curie
Including comic strips, family trees, maps and more, Fantastically Great Women Scientists and Their Stories is a celebration of women who made some of the world's most important scientific breakthroughs.
List of women featured: Mae Jemison, Marie Curie, Elizabeth Blackwell, Janaki Ammal, Caroline Herschel, Katia Krafft, Tu Youyou and Rosalind Franklin.